The next IMMAF international amateur MMA referees& judges certification course is scheduled to take place from Saturday, December 5th to Sunday, December 6th 2015 at the Courtyard Marriot Hotel and UMMAF Certified Training Center, TNT MMA in the American City of Phoenix, Arizona.
The course which is brought to you in conjunction with the United States Mixed Martial Arts Federation will be ran by IMMAF Technical Committee Member and leading UFC referee Marc Goddard and will see participants gain valuable theoretical and practical training as well as earn those who successful complete the course to gain a IMMAF referees and or judge license that permits them to officiate at future IMMAF sanctioned MMA events around the globe.
This course is a continuation of a number of courses to be launched under our new progression pathways initiative that we aim to rollout during the course of 2015 for technical officials.
Moving forward, this course will be mandatory for consideration to officiate or judge any IMMAF event worldwide.
The cost of taking the international amateur MMA referees certification course is $280 and will include the following benefits for participants: –
- Course materials (workbook etc)
- Fighters available for mock bouts/sparring during practical’s
- Transport from airport to hotel
- International amateur MMA referees & or judges certification
• National Level Federation course or approval from Federation Officer/ license (in any country or state) or IMMAF officials certificate
• 2 years officiating experience
• Recommendation letter from national federation
The course will be delivered at the following place, times and location:
Courtyard Marriott Hotel
2029 W Whispering Wind Dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85027
1725 W Williams Dr. #15 (Building C)
Phoenix, AZ 85027
Day 1: Saturday, December 5th 2015 Time: 09:00am to 5:00pm
Participants will be given an outline of the course content, aims and objectives and will see them being taken through: –
- The unified rules of MMA
- Fouls – explanations and break down
- Code of Conduct and ethics – in fight scenarios and how they are dealt with
- Mock sparring demonstration (all participants shall referee one round of action)
Day 2: Sunday, December 6th 2015 Time: 09:00am to 5:00pm
- 10 point must, scoring criteria and its application.
- Decisions and ways to win
- Mock judging of a 5 round fight that all participants shall score
- Written examination paper (60 minutes)
- Q & A session
The accommodation is at the Marriot Courtyard Phoenix hotel where the course will also be delivered.
The host federation UMMAF have secured a special discounted rate for course delegates of $89 USD per night when booked through this link – UMMAF Group rate
Included in the room rate are the following benefits:
- Free Wifi
- Extended bar opening hours
- Swimming pool
- Basketball court use
Any delegates wishing to arrive earlier or stay longer at the hotel then this group rate is still applicable +/- 3 days around before the 5th & 6th December, however breakfast isn’t included in that rate.
IMMAF are not responsible for booking hotel accommodation for participants and It’s a strongly advised to book as early as possible via the links provided.
Can all interested parties wishing to attend this 2-day course please contact myself at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Once again can ALL member federations circulate this information amongst your respective national officials.
If you require further information or any clarification regarding any information contained within this email please do not hesitate to contact me.